Pages

Apr 6, 2012

Interview rash

You probably can't tell very well from the photo of the crook of my arm but there is a little red prickly rash there. I call it my interview rash. It actually was way worse but has been getting better by the minute.

My big job interview was today. And my friendly little outward expression of anxiety and stress showed up behind my knees a few days ago. It progressed to my arms yesterday. Itchy. Red. Not good. No Bueno.

The interview went well. I should call it "the inquisition" (and I have). Only because it's two hours long. And with two different panels of interviewers. Torture.

I think I nailed it. I owe some of that perceived success to my sister-in-law. She told me "It's a game. You have all the answers because they are YOUR answers. There is no wrong answer because they are YOUR answers." I also owe some of my confidence to my sister who shared her experiences of interviewers whose goal it was to make you cry. I chanted in my head as I walked down the hall toward the room to the interview. "they are my answers, my answers, none of them are wrong, they're all right, it's a game, it's a game, just smile and give my answer, I can do this!"

I think it might have worked. I'll let you know if I get the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment