Pages

Nov 25, 2011

Today I was perfect.

It's the end of a shift and I'm not running around like a crazy person trying to get everything done. In fact, today, I ate when I was hungry, I peed when I needed to, I provided thorough and excellent patient and family education, and even printed materials for them on their meds and disease process. I answered questions, and charted the care I provided. I crossed all my T's and dotted all my I's.

I feel really good about the care I provided today. Every patient deserves a day like today. Every nurse deserves a day like today. This was how it should be but it never is.

I had two easy PCU patients today, all day. I'm blogging this fact so that you can point it out to me when I complain that I am overworked and had a crazy (usual) day. Perhaps i should have organized my nurse tote (security blanket).

Today was perfect. Today I was perfect. Mark the calendar lest I forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment